Sunday, April 23, 2017

Fundraiser Attending

I don't know about all of you, but sometimes, when I finally figure "it" out and I'm so motivated to take the stand.. It can be really difficult.. It is in those moments that I can loose all courage to be myself.. I find it very difficult to deal with passion and purpose and to speak all at the same time. At least not in a way that would make sense to all listening.. It's very frustrating… Sometimes the passion is just too intense, it is in those moments I just get too shy and end up not saying anything.. I think I'm pretty hard on myself but I really want to say what I'm feeling, sometimes I just can't. Unfortunately, I don't, and that's when I really don't like being me..  Can any of you relate?

For example; there is an organization called Speak Your Silence. It is a brilliant organization and an important organization. Also an organization I've supported from the very first moment I knew they existed. Speak your Silence helps fund counseling for adult survivors of child sexual abuse.. They are all about taking the stigma off of talking about it. Brilliant, right?!! Yes!! It's something I've worked through for myself since I started practicing as a massage therapist. All healing is self healing.. I was abused from a very early age and have worked through some pretty difficult situations.. So anything that makes that process easier is worth all the money I or anyone could invest towards it, it is worth it!! Their work has an amazing impact on people.. If you have ever experienced child sexual abuse or know someone who is just now starting the process of wanting to talk about it, please, please contact them.. They are fantastic at helping to get you through the process.. 

This morning they had a fundraiser at a local business and I had great intentions of putting myself out there in a bigger way, but because I felt intimidated and the fact that it was really busy with lots of people standing around.. I did't and couldn't step forward and say very much.. So I have this idea and I'm not going to post it here, well at least not until I reach out to them and feel a bit more confident with putting it out there.. This is what I will say.. Any idea we have, it's just that, an idea; nothing more, nothing less.. An idea is just your souls way of wanting you to stretch a little more so you can be a little more you.. That's it, plan and simple, and if anyone says otherwise, well thats not your issue that's theirs.. So, don't be like me, say what's on your mind in the moment, perhaps it will take you places you've never been.. I promise to keep you all posted with what happens next.. Until then, have a beautiful week!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment